Data protection compliance is a key duty of all organisations, public and private, which handle personal data. As well as the legal and regulatory impact of a serious data protection incident, the harm to trust, brand and reputation can be literally incalculable.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) will come into effect on 25 May 2018 and will create significant new obligations, as well as massively increased financial penalties – up to €20m or 4% of global turnover. This Certificate in Data Protection course will give you a clear understanding of your organisation’s main data protection obligations under current legislation and the GDPR, and how to ensure your compliance.
This course is for Staff who have a significant responsibility for data protection compliance in their organisations or who have an interest in pursuing a career path in data protection.
The course will cover the following areas:
– History and context of privacy rights;
– Data Protection and related legislation, including full coverage of the provision of the GDPR;
– The Eight Data Protection Rules;
– Rights of the Data Subject;
– Office of the Data Protection Commissioner;
– Offences and liability;
– Overseas data transfer;
– The role of the Data Protection Officer.