Is for individuals who are…
Interested in achieving the QQI Care of the Older Person Award that provides the knowledge, skills and competence in a full range of needs, for example, holistic care for older people in a variety of care settings, working under the direction and supervision of nursing staff.
A Qualification offering the practical skills appropriate for work as part of a team in a healthcare setting as a Care Assistant. A career path with excellent job and progression opportunities to further and higher education.
Build Your Path To Success
01. Achieve the Care of the Older Person Minor Award
Dorset College is Accredited by QQI Quality and Qualifications Ireland so you can feel confident that this Award will provide the recognition you need to progress in your chosen field.
02. Make Things Happen
Maximise your career potential as you grow in confidence gaining the skills and knowledge in caring for older people – this will enable you to provide professional support in your role as a Care Assistant and progress academically.
03. Our Team of Teachers
Learn from highly qualified and experienced Teachers who will support and prepare you for the real-life knowledge, skills and competence required to work effectively in this field.
- Leaving Certificate standard or QQI/FET Level 4/5 Qualification or equivalent
- Mature Applicants with relevant life and work experience
- English Language Proficiency Test where deemed appropriate or an IELTS score of 5.0
Work Experience: 20 Hours Mandatory
The Care of the Older Person Level 5 Qualification can be used as a stepping stone to:
- QQI/FET Healthcare Support level 5
- QQI/FET Nursing Studies Level 5