Successful participants of the Aromatherapy course will be able to carry out an Aromatherapy treatment for people, be able to evolve and blend appropriate essential oils for specific needs and conditions, understand the concepts inherent in complementary therapies and will be able to carry out a consultation with their client and an Aromatherapy massage. Once qualified Aromatherapists can find employment within the beauty or complementary industries or health sector and/or opt to work for themselves. Participants may decide to study other therapies to complement their Diploma or special in one aspect of Aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy is the study of essential oils, which are derived from plants. These oils are complex chemicals with unique fragrances and healing properties. They have being used for centuries to promote health and well being, treating both the mind and body.
ITEC Level Three: Diploma in Aromatherapy
Course content modules
- The History of Aromatherapy from ancient to modern times
- The concept of Holistic treatments
- The detailed study of over 40 Essential oils
- Taxonomy and Plant Nomenclature
- Refined oils or carriers
- Blending essential oils in carriers e.g. vegetable oil, creams, butters, balms or ointments
- Safety and chemistry of essential oils
- Hydrolats (Flower waters) & their use in Aromatherapy
- The completion of a full body Aromatherapy massage
- The completion of case studies