Animal psychology and behaviour is a complex matter, just like the psychology of humans. Birds migrate, peacock’s show their plumage, and penguins give each other stones as “love tokens”, but why? Why does your dog bark at the hoover? Or whenever a plane flies overhead? This course will answer all the questions you have wondered about the seemingly untranslatable mind of an animal.
This course will help you to understand the events which shape the development of a wide range of animals, birds and insects which makes them unique, just like human beings. Veterinarians and animal trainers are examples of professions within animal psychology.
- The Nervous System
- Feedback Control
- The Study of Behaviour
- The Scruff Reflex
- Early Experiences
- Why Do Animals Play?
- Canine Play Bows
- Imprinting & Learning
- Communication and Expressions
- The Purpose of Animal Communication
- Human to Animal Communication
- Animal Linguistics
- The Similarities and Difference Between Animal and Human Communication
- Consensus Decision Making
- Consensus vs Combined Decisions
- The Decision-Making Process
- Predators and Prey
- Defence Mechanisms
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Understand the psychology of animals better, so you can connect better with your pets and the pets of others.
- Implement the knowledge you learn as soon as you finish the course.
- Experienced and qualified tutors available to support you throughout your course.
- Assessments to back up knowledge as you work your way through the course.
- Understand the development of animal behaviour.