CAO CODE : CW 468
The Architectural Technologist plays an active role in the architectural design team in any setting. Graduates of this Honours degree course will have enhanced skills and knowledge to operate as informed members of this team.
Graduates of the BSc (Honours) in Architectural Technology course will:
- Have the ability to think in three dimensions and produce drawings, sketches and 3D CAD models to represent proposals.
- Have the research skills to keep up to date with fast changing construction technologies.
- Take concept drawings from the architect and make legible drawings, manually or with CAD for presentation, working drawings and details.
- Produce measured surveys and condition reports
- Coordinate, check and cross-reference architectural information with that of the other members of the design team (including quantity surveyor and Civil Engineer)
- Have a clear understanding of Planning legislation, Building Regulations and the construction process.
The programme is very practical and forward looking, equipping students with real-life problem solving adn communication skills that can provide a wide range of career and further education options.
This course has been designed with maximum flexibiltiy in mind and provides exit points at the end of year 2 with an award of Higher Certificate in Science in Architectural Technology (NFQ Level 6) or at the end of year 3 with an award of a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Technology (NFQ Level 7).