Clarin College in Athenry offer a number of PLC (Post Leaving Certificate) courses at levels 5 and 6 of the NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications. These courses are practical in nature which mean that students will be prepared to enter employment on completion of the course. Students will also have the option to move on to other further and higher education awards using their award.
Benefits of studying at Clarin College
- Students are encouraged to achieve their full potential via a system of inclusive learning
- Students will have the option to progress to Higher Education Institutes via QQI
- Links are developed with potential employers through work experience programmes and field trips
- Facilities are provided that simulate the working world
- Students develop skills, knowledge and aptitude to enable them take their place in the working world
- Sport and extra-curricular activities are available to encourage a work-life balance for both learners and staff
PLC Courses Available
QQI Level 5
- Nursing Studies
- Healthcare Support
- Office Administration including Sage 50 Accounts
- Medical Secretary
- Animal Care – Veterinary Assistant (including dog grooming)
- Applied Social Studies
QQI Level 6
- Administration including Sage 50 Accounts
Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Applied or its equivalent, unless otherwise stated.
Mature applicants – previous work experience can be used to gain entry.
All courses run from September to May
For more information view Clarin College Website