Applied Behavioural Analysis L5 (Understanding Challenging Behaviour)
This programme module aims to prepare the learner with knowledge, skill and competence to utilise Applied Behaviour Analysis in supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities or autistic spectrum disorder.
The course will assist the learner to develop observation techniques to identify support needs and to design effective individualized supports in response to those needs.
Lecture 1: An introduction to Applied Behaviour Analysis
A brief history of learning theory, the basic principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis and related terminology, ethical considerations, quality of life.
Lecture 2: Practical Applications
Understanding and defining behaviour, the relationship between behaviour and the environment, evidence based practice through data collection and analysis.
Lecture 3: Understanding and Capturing Motivation to Enhance Learning
Lecture 4 and 5: ABA in early Intervention
Curriculum Planning and Teaching Methods
Lecture 6: Teaching Communication Skills
An Introduction to Verbal Behaviour
Lecture 7 and 8: Functional Behavioural Assessment
Understanding behaviours of concern
Lecture 9: Positive Behaviour Support
Designing Effective environments for behaviours of concern
The Career Benefits to learners who successfully complete this Applied Behavioural Analysis Course
• Learners will gain the knowledge of the historical background to disability services and definitions of disability
• Acquire an understanding of the various theoretical models of disability
• Learners will acquire the practical skills appropriate for the Intellectual disability care setting
• Learners will understand how to respond to the specific and special care needs of the person with an Intellectual disability, with multiple medical needs and sensory impairment.
• It will assist the learner to develop observation techniques to identify support needs and to design effective positive strategies in response to those needs.
• Be aware of legal considerations associated with disability
• It will enable the learner to develop an understanding of the key concepts and terminology related to Intellectual Disability
QQI Applied Behavioural Analysis Level 5 (Minor Award - 5N1729)
Awarded by: Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI).
A Credit Value of 15 Applies to this Course
Click here to view other Childcare courses