Study our Supervision in Early Childhood Care distance learning course and you will acquire key skills to effectively supervise and manage an early childhood education setting.
The objective of this distance learning QQI accredited childcare course is to provide you with opportunities to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to effectively supervise an early childhood education and care setting. The course aims to promote good practice, equality and respect for diversity in early childhood education and care.
Supervision in Early Childhood Care Course Details
Learners who successfully complete this course will:-
- Evaluate the key concepts, principles and practice in leadership, supervision and or line management within the ECCE setting
- Analyse the role and responsibilities of a supervisor in an ECCE setting and the key attributes and skills required, to include communication, time management, organisational skills and knowledge of current legislation and best practice guidelines
- Explain the role of the supervisor in an ECCE setting in implementing best practice and in establishing, maintaining and continuously improving standards and quality
- Select processes to motivate and support team members in achieving agreed actions
- Implement a range of organisational policies and procedures in an ECCE setting ensuring adherence to best practice and guidelines
- Utilise a range of supervisory skills to supervise staff in an ECCE setting.
An experienced Kilroy's College tutor will help you to progress, at your own pace, through each study unit. The programme is delivered online or by post. It is an entirely flexible way of learning and you can literally study this childcare course from anywhere and at a time that suits you.
Who is this Supervision in Early Childhood Care course for?
This course is suitable for childcare facility owners, managers, supervisors and individuals already involved in or new to childcare who wish to gain a professional, nationally recognised and accredited qualification in childcare through distance learning.
The preferred entry level for this Supervision in Early Childhood Care course is Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experience or QQI Level 5 in childcare.
Qualification and progression
On successful completion of this course you will receive a QQI Level 6 Component Certificate in Supervision in Early Childhood Care (6N1973) from QQI.
Unit 1: Leadership, supervision and management theories
Unit 2: Role and responsibilities
Unit 3: Best practice, standards and quality
Unit 4: Motivation
Unit 5: Equality and diversity
Unit 6: Policies and procedures
Unit 7: Supervision in the ECCE setting
Unit 8: Delegation
Unit 9: Planning, monitoring and evaluation
Unit 10: Training
Unit 11: Personal reflection
Unit 12: Reflective practice in the ECCE setting
This course is divided into 12 study units. You will be assessed through completion of a personal learner record which records your personal experience of supervision in early childhood care context. This will include planning of initiatives, making decisions and demonstrating your supervision and organisational skills.
On the successful completion of your course, you will receive a QQI Level 6 Component Certificate in Supervision in Early Childhood Care (6N1973) from QQI in recognition of your educational achievement.
Click here to view other Childcare courses