A postgraduate course is a qualification after a degree, such as a higher diploma or a masters. The Postgraduate Applications Centre (www.pac.ie) website allows students to make applications for postgraduate programmes at higher level education institutions across Ireland. The website links to many third level institutions, including UCC, NUI Galway and DCU, and offers applications to courses such as Higher Diploma in Midwifery and Public Health Nursing.
To make an application for a postgraduate programme through the pac.ie website, each applicant must register to the PAC system. Once logged in successfully, applicants may browse courses and select a suitable programme. Applicants are asked to fill out an application form, where some personal information such as qualifications and experience are requested.
There are many postgraduate courses on offer in third level and private collegeswith a range of colleges offering diverse and exciting postgraduate options. Below is a list of some and examples of the courses they offer.
– NUIG : NUI Galway has established a reputation for high quality education and offers a wide selection of courses for postgraduates. The courses on offer include Master of Arts in Adult Learning and Development and Practice Based Play Therapy (P Cert/ Dip)
– IADT : The Institute of Art, Design and Technology in Dun Laoghaire offers a large range of interesting courses with a career focus. Postgraduate studies include MA in Public Culture Studies and Msc in Cyberpsychology.
– CMI : Communications and Management Institute in Dublin city centre offers many business training courses which are career and industry focused. Postgraduate options include Management Postgraduate Diploma level 9 and HR Advanced Diploma Course.
– PCI : PCI College was founded in 1991 and is Ireland’s leading provider of courses in the field of counselling and psychotherapy. Braches are located in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Kilkenny and Athlone. Postgraduate courses include a Postgraduate Certificate in Psychology (level 8).
–IPA: The Institute of Public Administration is the management development agency for the country’s public sector. IPA offers a range of training programmes for the public, private and voluntary sectors, such as a Postgraduate Diploma in Public Management and Master of Arts and Postgraduate Diploma (and Master of Economic Science) in Policy Analysis.
– Ulearning: Ulearning Skillnet is a collaborative project programme that links academia and industry. Ulearning focuses on meeting the needs of industry in the areas of Engineering, Science and Technology. Postgraduate courses on offer include Msc in Technological Development and Masters in Software Engineering and Database technologies. www.findacourse.ie/ulearning-cg393.html
Author: Fiona McBennett