CPD or, Continuous Professional Development, refers to lifelong learning or continuing education. It is the means by which people advance their skills and knowledge related to their professions. In today’s competitive and rapidly changing world, taking part in a CPD course can be essential to ensure continued employment and career advancement.
Most professions have CPD obligations and as a result, there is large a variety of courses available around the country covering all career fields, from engineering to teaching.
The following are just some of the courses on offer that can help to enhance a CV and improve career progression options:
– Griffin College provides a course in Commercial Lighting. Members of Engineers Ireland qualify for CPD credit on completion of this 5 week part-time evening course. Locations are Cork City, Dublin city centre, Galway city, Kilkenny, Limerick City, Belfast City and Londonderry.
– Portobello Institute offers a course in Environmental Impact Assessment in Dublin City Centre. This part-time evening course is for managers, to improve and audit environmental performance. Members of Engineers Ireland, The Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management and the Institute of Archaeologists Ireland are eligible for CPD accreditation on completion.
– Portobello Institute also provides a REPS Fitness Instructor Level 2 course which is accredited by the European Health and Fitness Association. Students are eligible for CPD credits on completion and the course is an essential requirement onto the level 3 Personal Trainer course.
– Pitman Training offer a wide range of courses in the areas of IT, business and accounting, management and professional development. Courses can be completed on a flexible learning basis.
– Hibernia College is Ireland’s only government-accredited eLearning college. It offers a selection of CPD courses for teaching professionals such as summer courses and professional development courses in areas such as special education and numeracy and literacy. There are also courses on offer for professionals in the pharmaceutical and bioscience industries.
– IPASS (Irish Payroll Association) is Ireland’s leading training provider for those seeking to upskill or reskill in the areas of payroll, VAT and taxation. The association offers training courses in many locations around Ireland.
These are just some of the options on offer for CPD courses. For more information on job training and professional development, view our job training section on Findacourse.ie at http://www.findacourse.ie/courses/business-training/
Author: Fiona McBennett