The ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems (EMS) Standard has been developed to help any type of organization reduce its impact on the environment by identifying, managing and controlling its relevant activities. ISO 14001 EMS put environmental best practice at the heart of your operations. When properly developed and implemented it contributes to the growth and success of your business, as besides lowering your environmental impact, it generates business, cost, legal compliance, quality and reputational benefits.
This two-day course will consolidate your knowledge of ISO 14001. You will be guided from scoping your environmental policy and system needs to implementing and monitoring your overall EMS. You’ll learn how to put the system in place in your organization, identifying the roles and responsibilities involved, and reviewing and improving your current practices. Discover how to write policies, establish controls and measure performance.
On completing this course the participant will:
- Understand the benefits of ISO 14001 to your organisation, clients and the environment,
- Understand how to put in place and monitor your EMS,
- Know how to develop and implement an ISO 14001-compliant EMS,
- Identify the roles and responsibilities involved,
- Be confident in reviewing and implementing your current EMS,
- Know how to promote a positive ‘EMS’ culture,
- Know how to review and improve your existing EMS,
- Streamline the way you work and cut costs,
- Understand the certification process.
Identify and manage environmental aspects and legal requirements to develop EMS policy, objectives and strategy,
Developing and implementing an EMS,
Raising employee awareness and participation,
Developing environmental policy and other EMS documentation,
Appropriate operational controls for improved efficiencies,
Monitoring your EMS and using for continuous improvement,
Overview of auditing and certification,
Use of ISO 14004 and implications of ISO 14001:2015.
Case studies and interactive individual and group training exercises are used throughout the course to reinforce delegates’ learning.
Who should attend
This course will be of interest to anyone in the organisation who is involved in the design, development, implementation and improvement of an EMS. The course will also be of interest to environmental auditors and individuals looking to improve their knowledge of good environmental management practice.
Click here to view other Environmental courses