On completing this Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) training course, the participant will:
- Become familiar with the principles and significance of GLP, and
- Be able to apply these principles successfully in a laboratory setting so that the laboratory in question is GLP compliant,
- Be able to correctly analyse, interpret and report laboratory data.
This course is based on the OECD GLP Principles, which are recognized as the international standard for Good Laboratory Practice. All GLP texts, irrespective of their origin, stress the importance of the following five points:
- Resources. Management, Personnel, Facilities: Buildings and Equipment,
- Characterization. Test and reference items, and Test systems to which the test and reference items are to be administered,
- Rules. Protocols (Study Plans), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs),
- Results. Raw data, Final Report, Archives,
- Quality Assurance. Audit/ Inspection, Training, Advice.
Each of these five points will be discussed in detail during the course as they relate to Good Laboratory Practice. Analysis of laboratory data will include calculation of measurement uncertainty and statistical analysis. Similarities and differences between GLP and the international standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005 used in the accreditation of commercial testing and calibration labs will be discussed. Throughout the course, worked examples and practical case studies will be used to help delegates apply GLP requirements and responsibilities with regards to personnel, facilities, equipment, test systems and record storage.
Who should attend
Laboratory Managers/Supervisors, Analysts, Technicians, Research Scientists, Post-graduate Students, Quality Assurance staff, Auditors, Technology Transfer Officers, and anyone who wishes to increase their understanding of Good Laboratory Practice.
All our courses are available in-house. We can run in-house courses either at your premises or at a location of your choosing. We also customise our courses according your organisation’s requirements.
Click here to view other Science courses