Adobe Photoshop CS4 is the leading digital image editing software. The Photoshop CS4 interface lets you work intuitively to design and manipulate images for print layouts, web publishing, multimedia, video, and photography. Photoshop CS4 is the perfect tool for establishing a workflow that can help you express creativity in visual form.
How this course works
The course is completed online, at your own time at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests. Students are provided with Flash animated, interactive Lessons, Activities, and Simulations. Scenarios are used to simulate real world situations to illustrate course concepts. Audio accompanies each lesson throughout the course. Decision Point activities allow learners to work toward an outcome in an interactive environment. Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment. Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank, and a skill assessment generates a customised learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
Topics Covered in this Course
Getting Started with Photoshop CS4
Using Adobe Bridge
- Taking a Look at the Final Project
- Composing an Image
- Using the Mask Panel
- Adding Graphics with the Clone Tool
- Adding an Adjustment Layer
- Adding a Text Layer
- Making a 3D Image
Exploring the Workspace
- Exploring the Tools Panel
- Navigating the Image Area
- Using Tabbed Windows and Screen Modes
- Using Panels
- Expanding and Customizing Panels
Understanding Photoshop Basics
- Working with Adobe Bridge
- Using Folders
- Creating Metadata and Keywords
- Finding Files
- Creating a Web Photo Gallery
- Creating a PDF Contact Sheet
- Changing the Adobe Bridge View
- Combining Images
- Transforming Combined Images
- Removing Backgrounds and Stacking Layers
- Refining Edges
- Adding Text
- Saving Photoshop Files
- Choosing a New Color Profile
- Adjusting Image Size and Saving as PDF
Making the Best Selections
- Square and Center-Point Selections
- Creating a Layer from a Selection
- Using the Magic Wand Tool
- Using the Lasso and Quick Selection Tools
- Refining Selection Edges
- Saving and Copying Selections
- Using the Pen Tool
- Selecting an Area with the Pen
- Pen Tool Selection Tips
Painting and Retouching
- Selecting Colors
- Painting in Photoshop CS4
- Changing Opacity and Applying Color
- Blending Modes and the Eyedropper
- Retouching Images and Repairing Fold Lines
- The History Panel and Healing Brushes
- The Patch Tool and Clone Source Panel
- Cloning from Another Source
Who should complete this course?
- Graphic Designers, Graphic Artists and Web Designers, Photographers and Print specialists.
- Those considering a career in Graphic Design, Web Design, Print or Video.
- Existing users of Photoshop who wish to learn advanced Photoshop skills.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- You must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- You must have access to Adobe Photoshop CS4 software.
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Certificate in Adobe Photoshop CS4 from CMIT. You must pass all modules with a score of 70% or better to receive the certificate.
- Following completion of the online assessment you will receive a Certificate in Adobe Photoshop CS4 from College of Management and IT (CMIT).