Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 lets coding and design professionals create and edit Web content in a visual layout or a coding environment. With Dreamweaver CS4, you can produce exciting, dynamic Web site designs that employ the most modern layouts and features to attract and keep Web users.
How this course works
The course is completed online, at your own time at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests. Students are provided with Flash animated, interactive Lessons, Activities, and Simulations. Scenarios are used to simulate real world situations to illustrate course concepts. Audio accompanies each lesson throughout the course. Decision Point activities allow learners to work toward an outcome in an interactive environment. Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment. Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank, and a skill assessment generates a customised learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
Topics Covered in this Course
Getting Started with Dreamweaver CS4
- Taking a Look at Dreamweaver CS4
- How Web Sites Work
- HTML Tags and Documents
- Working with Images and Colors in HTML
- HTML Tips
Setting Up a New Site
- Creating a New Site
- Creating a Page and Defining the Properties
- Working with Views
- Using the Files Panel
- Working with Files Panel Options
Adding Text and Images
- Adding Text to Web Pages
- Setting Text Styles
- Previewing Pages in a Web Browser
- Creating Hyperlinks
- Creating Lists
- Using the Text Insert Panel
- Inserting Images
- Linking Images and Using Placeholders
- Editing Images
Styling Pages with CSS
- Types of Style Sheets
- Creating Styles with the Property Inspector
- Using the CSS Styles Panel
- Advanced Formatting with CSS
- Fine-Tuning Pages
- Working with Div Tags and CSS IDs
- Using External Style Sheets
- Attaching External Style Sheets
- Creating New External Style Sheets
Creating Page Layouts with CSS
- Positioning Content with AP Divs
- Absolute and Relative Positioning
- Adding Columns and Headers
- Adding Global Navigation
- Setting Box Stacking Order
- More CSS Layout Tips
- Adding Space to Page Layouts
- Overriding Default Margins
- Building for the Future
Working with Tables
- Modifying Table Size and Structure
- Creating Tables
- Formatting Tables with HTML
- Formatting Tables with CSS
- Advanced CSS Table Styling
- Adjusting Cells with CSS
- More CSS Style Options
- Sorting Data in Tables
Who should complete this course?
- Web Developers, Web Designers, Graphic Designers and Web specialists.
- Those considering a career in Web Development, Web Design.
- Existing web developers with HTML skills who wish to learn Dreamweaver skills.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- You must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- You must have access to Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 software.
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Certificate in Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 from CMIT. You must pass all modules with a score of 70% or better to receive the certificate.
- Following completion of the online assessment you will receive a Certificate in Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 from College of Management and IT (CMIT).